Auction Items For Sale
Here is your chance to bid and buy a recreational getaway with thick timber along the banks of the Cedar River. These tracts offer perfect habitat for wildlife and waterfowl. Take advantage of all the hunting, fishing & recreational opportunities these properties have to offer, including a camping spot along the banks of the Cedar River. For information contact Steffes Group at 319.385.2000; Mason Holvoet at 319.470.7372 or Nate Larson at 319.931.3944
MUSCATINE COUNTY, IOWA LAND AUCTION
Bidding Opens: Tuesday, November 9
Bidding Closes: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 at 4PM
53.17 Acres M/L – Sells in 2 Tracts
Hunter’s Paradise along the Cedar River!
Here is your chance to bid and buy a recreational getaway with thick timber along the banks of the Cedar River. These tracts offer perfect habitat for wildlife and waterfowl. Take advantage of all the hunting, fishing & recreational opportunities these properties have to offer, including a camping spot along the banks of the Cedar River.
Tract 1 – 37.63 Acres M/L
Land is located 7 miles west of Muscatine on Highway 22, then 1 mile north on Iron City Avenue. Or 2 ½ miles east of Nichols, on Highway 22, then 1 mile north on Iron City Avenue.
This tract offers woodsman haven with timber and a cleared camping spot along the Cedar River. The camping area has a concrete slab and a raised covered deck. Located in Section 17 of Pike 'E' Township, Muscatine County, Iowa.
Not included: Camper, All personal property items.
Tract 2 – 15.54 Acres M/L
This tract is located northeast of Conesville. The land is land locked and is selling “as is” with river access only. A vein of the Cedar River runs through this property. Located in Section 34 & 35 of Pike ‘W’ Township, Muscatine County, Iowa.
Terms: 10% down payment on November 16, 2021. Balance due at final settlement with a projected date of December 31, 2021, upon delivery of merchantable abstract and deed and all objections have been met.
Possession: Projected date of December 31, 2021
Real Estate Taxes: To be prorated to date of possession on the basis of the last available tax statement. Seller shall pay any unpaid real estate taxes payable in prior years.
Tract 1 – Tax parcels 0717400002, 0717200018 - Net - $14.00
Tract 2 – Tax parcels 0635300005, 0634400006 - Net $0.00
- This online auction will have a 5% buyer’s premium. This means the buyer’s premium in the amount of five percent (5%) of the bid amount shall be charged to the Buyer and added to the bid amount to arrive at the total contract purchase price.
- All Tracts will be tied together with the bidding set to close simultaneously. If a bid is placed with less than 4 minutes left, the time on the auction will extend another 4 minutes. This will continue until no bids are placed within the last 4 minutes. Each Tract will stay in bidding extension until there are no more bids placed on any of the Tracts that are tied together.
- Tracts 1 & 2 will be sold by the acre with gross Assessor acres being the multiplier for said tracts.
- Seller shall not be obligated to furnish a survey.
- Down payment is due on the day the bidding closes and signing of the contracts will take place through email and electronic document signatures.
- Due to this being an estate, the Seller will be exempt from Time of Transfer Inspection of the septic, according to Iowa Code 455B.172(11). Any future inspections, upgrades, repairs, maintenance, or other matters to the septic system will be at the Buyer's expense in accordance with Muscatine County & Iowa Laws & regulations.
- If one Buyer purchases more than one tract, the Seller shall only be obligated to furnish one abstract and deed (husband & wife constitute one buyer).
- This auction sale is not contingent upon Buyer’s financing or any other Buyer contingencies.
- If a Buyer is unable to close due to insufficient funds or otherwise, Buyer will be in default and the deposit money will be forfeited.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for any fencing in accordance with state law.
- The Buyer shall be responsible for installing his/her own entrances if needed or desired.
- If in the future a site clean-up is required, it shall be at the expense of the Buyer.
- All mineral rights, if any, held by Seller will be transferred upon closing.
- This real estate is selling subject to any and all covenants, restrictions, encroachments and easements, as well as all applicable zoning laws.
- The Buyer acknowledges that they have carefully and thoroughly inspected the real estate and are familiar with the premises. The Buyer is buying this real estate in its "as is" condition and there are no expressed or implied warranties pertaining to the real estate.
- Steffes Group, Inc. is representing the Seller.
- Any announcements made the day of sale take precedence over advertising.
Thomas G. Barnard Estate